Immigrant Women’s Speakout Association(IWSA) offers information, supports and referral services for culturally and linguistically diverse women who are experiencing domestic and family violence.
Domestic and Family Violence occur when a person uses some form of violence such as physical, emotional, sexual, spiritual, technological, financial, social or cultural to control another person in a current or previous relationship.
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic and family violence, IWSA is here to help.
How we can help:
- Understanding your situation and the options available to you.
- Support in your decision-making.
- Support and referrals for services such as counselling, court advocacy, victims’ financial supports, social support, family law and legal aid.
- Assistance communicating with the Department of Home Affairs regarding your experience of family violence.
- Information on safety planning and risk management.
- Individualised case management with a support worker.
- Culturally specific supports and cultural understanding.
Download our Domestic Violence Service (HomWiSS) brochure here for more information.