Multicultural Women’s Shelter provides crisis accommodation to single multicultural women (with no children) escaping domestic violence.
It is a safe place for women, who are on the verge of being homeless, and provides them security, hope and help to rebuild their self-esteem.
In the Multicultural Women’s Shelter we offer:
- Temporary accommodation for single migrant women.
- Inclusive, friendly environment where their safety is of prime importance.
- One on one, culturally specific support from a dedicated case worker.
- Information on safety planning and risk management.
- Guidance and support for the next steps including referrals to services such as victims’ financial support, social support, legal aid, court advocacy services.
- Personalised support of an in-house recruitment consultant to get the first job in Australia.
“I shattered when I arrived at the shelter. With the support of the case workers, I was gradually able to regain self-esteem, navigate the system and become independent. SpeakOut gave me a new lease of life!”
– Louise, former client.