Volunteering is a way to meet new people. It connects you to people who have common interests and passions. Volunteering provides physical and mental benefits.
Helping others makes you feel happy and gives you a sense of purpose. It helps you gain new skills, make new friends and improves your confidence. Volunteering reduces stress. When you think of someone other than yourself, it interrupts usual tension-producing patterns. When you work in a field that interests you, there is never a dull moment.
Learning new skills and gaining local experience is also helpful when you apply for a job.
SpeakOut offers several volunteering opportunities. If any of these interest you, get in touch with us on 02 9635 8022. We will love to talk to you!
- Reformatting our Policies: Do you have an eye for detail and experience in formatting policies? How good are your ‘Word’ skills? Our existing policies need re-formatting. We would love to talk to you if you can work autonomously and help us reformat our policies.
- Social Media Coordinator: Are you an active social media person? Do you have experience in writing content which is captivating and informative for the targeted audience? At SpeakOut we have Facebook, X (Twitter) and LinkedIn accounts. We would love to talk to you if you can write engaging content and have good recordkeeping skills.
- Editor: We have been working in this field for over 40 years. We have published a book called ‘40 Migrant Women Tell their Stories’. We want to redesign it and make it more attractive. Can you help us?
- Website: Keeping the website fresh, attractive and up to date is an ongoing task. Are you creative? We need someone to help edit our website to make it more assessable, informative and easy to read.
- Teacher: Do you like teaching? Teaching different skills to women to make them financially independent? At SpeakOut we have classes such as Sewing alterations, Baking and Paper flower making.
Do you have a skill that you would like to share with our group? We have very small groups with 5-6 participants at a time. If you have an innovative idea that you think will benefit women and help them gain financial independence, call us. We would love to brainstorm with you.