SpeakOut offers information, support and referral services to culturally and linguistically diverse women who are experiencing domestic and family violence, who are or are on the verge of being homeless. Most of our clients are women on temporary visas with very limited financial resources.
Immigrant Women’s Speakout Association offers information, support and referral services for culturally and linguistically diverse women who are experiencing domestic and family violence.
Domestic and Family Violence occur when a person uses some form of violence such as physical, emotional, sexual, spiritual, technological, financial, social or cultural to control another person in a current or previous relationship.
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic and family violence, we are here to help.
How we can help:
- Understanding your situation and the options available to you. Support in your decision-making.
- Support and referrals for services such as counselling, court advocacy, victims’ financial supports, social support, family law and legal aid.
- Assistance communicating with the Department of Home Affairs regarding your experience of family violence.
- Information on safety planning and risk management.
- Individualised case management with a support worker.
- Culturally specific supports and cultural understanding.
Download our Domestic Violence Service (HomWiSS) brochure here for more information.